Each team's practices will be scheduled by the team's volunteer coach in cooperation with the LHSC Practice Field Scheduler. Team practices are usually held twice a week. Practices will begin in August and continue through the end of the season.
Coach Practice Field Requests
At the LHSC Rec Coaches Meeting each July, the club's volunteer practice field scheduler provides an overview of the process through which Rec coaches request practice field days/times/locations. The process is dependent upon the actual field allocations we receive from the City of Bellevue and the Bellevue School District.
When LHSC receives the fields from the city and BSD, request forms will be distributed to coaches. This page will be updated with more information about potential practice fields, game field surfaces, and Mod Clinic days.
Questions regarding practice fields can be sent to LHSC Practice Field Scheduler Currin Cyr Currin_Cyr@hotmail.com
The following guidelines are used to prioritize requests in situations where requests exceed available field resources for a given time period (eg. Tuesday & Thursday evenings turf & grass):
- Clinics – club sponsored clinics (eg. fall MOD clinic, keeper clinics)
- Coaching multiple teams – logistical reasons as well acknowledging extra contributions coaching two teams.
- Board membership – acknowledging coach or spouse of a coach for contributions to the broader club made as a board member. Includes non-board members who actively attend board meetings and provide on-going benefit to the club (eg. webmaster)
- Saturday versus Sunday games – teams with Sunday games get Tue/Thu practice priority to allow rest on Monday (injury prevention/recovery time)
- Age – U14 and younger given priority for early time slots (school, homework, bedtime considerations) and U15 and older teams the later time slots (after school activities, jobs, etc.)
- Other volunteer contributions – generally one-off contributions (eg. 50th Anniversary), not long-term or on-going.
- Coaches who are referees – provides benefit to the club’s overall referee in the pool standing within EYSA.
Lake Hills Soccer Club rents practice and home game fields from the City of Bellevue and Bellevue School District.
Coaches for each team shall be responsible for communicating the rules below to players, parents, coaches, and visitors.
Cooperation with park rangers and field monitors is expected at all times.
• Clean up the facility after each use. Leave the field in better condition than when you arrived.
• Parking is not allowed on fire lanes. Cars will be towed or ticketed.
• Dogs and pets are not allowed on fields.
• No food or drinks other than water are allowed on the fields. Shelled seeds and nuts are strictly prohibited.
• Tobacco, alcoholic beverages or narcotics shall not be brought to or consumed at LHSC game or practice locations.
• Fireworks, motorized model cars, and launching of aircraft or rockets INCLUDING DRONES are prohibited.
• Metal cleats are prohibited on synthetic fields. Participants and officials must wear molded sole shoes or tennis shoes on the artificial turf.
• Use cones only for modified field marking. Painting lines, staking, or other forms of lasting field marking is prohibited.
• Users are not permitted to move soccer goals.
• Lacrosse goals are not to be used for any other sports.
• The use of sharp objects or golf clubs on the artificial turf surface and track is prohibited.
• Please do not throw or hit into cyclone fencing or backstops.
• Unsafe boisterous conduct, improper language and other objectionable practices will not be allowed and must be controlled by coaches.