Each team's practices will be scheduled by the team's volunteer coach in cooperation with the LHSC Practice Field Scheduler. Team practices are usually held twice a week. Practices will begin in August and continue through the end of the season.
Coach Practice Field Requests
At the LHSC Rec Coaches Meeting each July, the club's volunteer practice field scheduler provides an overview of the process through which Rec coaches request practice field days/times/locations. The process is dependent upon the actual field allocations we receive from the City of Bellevue and the Bellevue School District.
When LHSC receives the fields from the city and BSD, request forms will be distributed to coaches. This page will be updated with more information about potential practice fields, game field surfaces, and Mod Clinic days.
Questions regarding practice fields can be sent to LHSC Practice Field Scheduler Currin Cyr Currin_Cyr@hotmail.com
The following guidelines are used to prioritize requests in situations where requests exceed available field resources for a given time period (eg. Tuesday & Thursday evenings turf & grass):
- Clinics – club sponsored clinics (eg. fall MOD clinic, keeper clinics)
- Coaching multiple teams – logistical reasons as well acknowledging extra contributions coaching two teams.
- Board membership – acknowledging coach or spouse of a coach for contributions to the broader club made as a board member. Includes non-board members who actively attend board meetings and provide on-going benefit to the club (eg. webmaster)
- Saturday versus Sunday games – teams with Sunday games get Tue/Thu practice priority to allow rest on Monday (injury prevention/recovery time)
- Age – U14 and younger given priority for early time slots (school, homework, bedtime considerations) and U15 and older teams the later time slots (after school activities, jobs, etc.)
- Other volunteer contributions – generally one-off contributions (eg. 50th Anniversary), not long-term or on-going.
- Coaches who are referees – provides benefit to the club’s overall referee in the pool standing within EYSA.