Lake Hills Soccer Club teams are coached primarily by dedicated volunteers, with a few carefully chosen paid coaches at the Club Select level. Our soccer coaches are parents, grandparents, older siblings, and community members all coming together to support children as they learn and enjoy The Beautiful Game. Lake Hills programs allow for and encourage coaches to grow along with their players. Not every coach comes to us with soccer or coaching experience. Volunteers with an enthusiastic desire to learn will find training and guidance from both Lake Hills Soccer Club and Eastside Youth Soccer Association.
Email Registrar@lakehillssoccer.org for more information about coaching opportunities.
Lake Hills Soccer Club is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit
Tax ID # 23-7408465
For additional tools and guidance with coaching curriculum and techniques, please visit : EYSA Curriculum
Clinics and Events
Rec U13-U19 District II Meeting July 12 OR July 17 (attend one) Redmond High School Theater from 7 to 8:30 pm. First time coaches please arrive by 7pm, those who have previously coached in D2 can arrive at 7:45pm.
LHSC Annual Meeting--mid-November
LHSC Volunteer Registration
All LHSC coaches, team managers, and board members must complete the following steps in order to volunteer.
- Register with the club each year, updating contact information as needed. Click the appropriate yellow button above to access the registration form.
- Clear a nationwide background check each year through the Washington Youth Soccer Risk Management Application (RMA) system.
- Complete certification in Sudden Cardiac Arrest awareness every three years. (optional for managers)
RMA Risk Management Application
A Risk Management Application (RMA) needs to be completed for every LHSC volunteer. This includes coaches, trainers, team managers, team photographers, etc. It is a simple online application. Volunteers under the age of eighteen (18) must have a parent/guardian's electronic signature on the legal agreement to run a national background check.
Please use your legal first and last name when completing the form.
Visit the RMA link for WA Youth Soccer Volunteers:
Open the REGISTRATION tab, and choose "Coach/Admin" registration. You will either log in with your existing Affinity user name and password or create a new account (if you're a new employee or volunteer)
This registration initiates the national background check as required by Washington Youth Soccer.
Background checks are valid for one year from the application date, and must be renewed for each coach and volunteer before being assigned to the team's roster.
Coaches will not be rostered or issued practice fields without a cleared, valid RMA.
Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness
On July 24, 2015, Senate Bill 5083 – also known as the Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Act – became effective. The law mandates that ALL coaches (paid or volunteer) at organizations using public school district facilities in the State of Washington are educated in the nature and risk of sudden cardiac arrest prior to the first practice/competition.
The training takes approximately 15 minutes and is available for free at https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61032.
Certification is valid for three years.
- Go to: Sudden Cardiac Arrest Online Training
- Select "Order Course"
- First time users, click on "Register Here"
- Set up your account, verify your email; then
- Select "Courses" at the top;
- Use the search bar to find "Sudden Cardiac Arrest"; then
- Float the pointer over course and select "View Course"; then
- Select "Order Course" and follow the prompts through checkout;
- Access and complete the course.
- DOWNLOAD and save your certificate of completion
- Compose a new email with subject line “Certification” to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your certificate attached. Registrar will reply to confirm receipt.